Rutherford HAYES, Jr
- Born: 4 Jan 1787, Brichard, , Vermont, USA
- Christened: Brattleboro, , Vermont, USA
- Married: 13 Sep 1813, Wilmington, , Vermont, USA
- Died: 20 Jul 1822, Delaware, Delaware, Ohio, USA
Father of Rutherford B Hayes President of the United States.
4th Cousin of Captain Levi BARBER Jr.
The Holcomb(e) Genealogy History and Directory, Jesse Seaver, Philadelphia PA, American Historical-Genealogical Society, 1925, vii 286p 27.5cm, CS71.H725 1925 and 1925a, p41:
"i Rutherford: b. 1756;m. Chloe (dau. Col. Esrael and
Abigail (Chandler) Smith of Wethersfield CT.)
(1) Rutherford: b. 1787, Battleboro VT; m. Sophia
(dau. of Roger and Drusilla (Austin) Brichard,of
Delaware OH; merchant.
(I) PRESIDENT RUTHERFORD BRICHARD HAYES: 6 Oct
1822, Delaware OH; d. 17 Jan 1893, Fremont OH;
buried atPrivate burial ground, Fremont; lawyer;
grad. Kenyon College, 1842; m. 1852 Lucy Ware
Webb (b. 1831; d. 1889); President of the United
States, 1877-1881;Republican; Methodist. They
had 7 sons and 1 daughter..."
Holcombe Family Genealogy
James and Randal Holcombe
Family of President R. B. Hayes
78. Rutherford5 Hayes (Ensign Rutherford4, Capt. Ezekiel3, Daniel2, George1)(34) was born in Brattleboro, VT January 4, 1787. Rutherford died July 20, 1822 in Delaware, OH, at 35 years of age.
He married Sophia Birchard Wilmington, VT, September 13, 1813. Sophia was born Wilmington, VT April 15, 1792. Sophia(35) was the daughter of Roger Birchard and Drusilla Austin. Sophia died October 30, 1866 Columbus, OH, at 74 years of age. McCracken notes: Blacksmith and merchant. refers to George Hayes genealogy by Rev. Charles W. Hayes (Buffalo, NY 1884) noting that earlier editions did not mention the president.
Rutherford Hayes and Sophia Birchard had the following child:
+ 79 i. President Rutherford Birchard6 Hayes was born October 4, 1822.
Rutherford married Sophia BIRCHARD on 13 Sep 1813 in Wilmington, , Vermont, USA. (Sophia BIRCHARD was born in Delaware, Delaware, Ohio, USA.)