Samuel SMITH, III
- Born: 6 Oct 1602, St Nicholas, Ipswich, Suffolk, England
- Christened: 9 Oct 1628, Hadleigh, Suffolk, England
- Married: 6 Oct 1624, St Margarets, Whatfield, Suffolk, England
- Died: 17 Jan 1680/81, Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
- Buried: Jan 1680/81, Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
Another name for Samuel was Representative.
Ancestral File Number: PVWG-04. User ID: 4846/4854.
A Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England, John Farmer, Genealogical Publishing Co, Lancaster MA 1829, p268:
SMITH Samuel, Hadley, was born Abt 1598, and was representative in 1661, six years. He was living in 1678.
ANCESTRY.COM 13 Aug 2000
Database: Massachusetts, Applications of Freemen, 1630-91
Date, Name, Residence, Original Source, Comment:
29 April 1668, Sam. Smith, North Hampton., C. R., Vol. IV. p. 600,
03 May 1676, Sam. Smith, Northam., C. R., Vol. V. p. 73.
ANCESTRY.COM 14 Aug 2000
Database: THE PIONEERS OF MASSACHUSETTS
Samuel, ae. 32, with wife Elizabeth, ae. 32, and children Samuel, ae. 9, Elizabeth, ae. 7, Mary, ae. 4, and Philip, ae. 1, came in the Elizabeth of Ipswich April 30, 1634. Settled at Salem; frm. Sept. 3, 1634; propr. 1638. Rem. to Enon, (Wenham.) Will dated 5 Oct., prob. 27 (10) 1642. Wife Sarah; refers to promise made to her at marriage; son William Browne with his sons William and John; son Thomas Smith, dau. Mary.
Family Search Ancestral File v4.19 PVWG-04.
1. Immigration; 30 Apr 1634, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, USA. "Elizabeth", From Ipswich England.
2. Representative; 1661-1667, Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA.
3. Freeman; 29 Apr 1668, Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA.
Samuel married Elizabeth CHILEAB, daughter of CHILEAB and Mrs Chileab, on 6 Oct 1624 in St Margarets, Whatfield, Suffolk, England. (Elizabeth CHILEAB was born in 1602 in Hatfield, Ipswich, Suffolk, England, christened in Whatfield, Suffolk, England, died on 16 Mar 1685/86 in Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA and was buried on 17 Mar 1685/86 in Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA.)