- Born: 1664-1674, East Simsbury, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Ancestral File Number: 8JQK-76.
History of the Simon Mills Family, Katie R Mills, Vol I, p3:
"...Simeon and Mary (Buell) Mills became the parents of eleven children, although only six of them reached maturity. They continued to live in Windsor until about 1670, as daughter Sarah, born that year, is recorded at Windsor; and Simon's name appears on the list of freemen at Windsor dated 11 Oct 1669, but when he sold some land at Windsor in Apr 1672 he is described as 'now dwelling at Simsbury'..."
"...Widow Mary Bissell went back to Simsbury to live with her children, and there she died 24 Jun 1718. She made her will 9 Mar 1718, and it was presented to the Hartford Probate Court on 5 Aug following. She made bequests to daughters Mary, Hannah and Elizabeth;the the heirs of son John; to heirs of daughter Sarah Ellsworth; and to son Simon, who was named executor. The value of the estate was L 17-13-09.
"Those who signed for shares were Samuel Humphrey Sr, Simon, John, Joseph and Benjamin Mills and Suel Tuller- all of Simsbury; and Hannah and Daniel Loomis, Thomas Ellsworth and Thomas Hoskins- all of Windsor.
"Children- 7 born at Windsor, and 4 at Simsbury:
1. Samuel Mills b 23 Apr 1661, d 19 May 1661
2. Simon Mills b 21 Jan 1661/1662, d 'soon'
2. 3. Mary Mills b 8 Dec 1662, age 20 in 1683, m Lt Samuel Humphrey
3. 4. Hannah Mills b Abt 1665, not listed in the Church record, age 18
in 1683, m (1) Simon Drake, (2) Damiel Loomis
5. Simon Mills b 1 May 1667, not on list in 1683, d before his father
4. 6. John Mills b 7 Jan 1668/1669, age 14 on list, m Sarah Pettibone
5. 7. Sarah Mills, b 16 Sep 1670, age 13 on list m Sgt Thomas Ellsworth 8. Abigail Mills b 1672, age 11 on list, d Bef Jul 1691
6. 9. Elizabeth Mills b 1674, age 9 on list, m Thomas Hoskins
10. Prudence Mills b 1676, age 7 on list 'now dead', d 1683
7. 11. Simon Mills b 1678, bapt 11 May 1679 at Windsor, age 5 on list, m
Genealogy of the Mills Family, DeVinne Press, Susan Lawrence Mills, 1906, Norfolk CT, p5:
"Genealogy of the Mills Family. I. Simeon Mills came from England, and is the firstof the name of Mills of whom we have any record, his brother John having died on the voyage.
"Simeon married Mary Buell the twenty-third of February AD 1649, twenty- nine years after the first landing of the Pilgrims at Plymouth. He settled and resided in Windsor until 1669, when he removed to Simsbury CT (then called Massacoe), seven years before the burning of Simsbury by the Indians under King Philip.
"Simeon and Mary Mills had eleven children- five sons and six daughters: Mary b 8 Dec 1652; Hannah b 1655; Simeon b May 1657; John b June 1658; Sarah b Sep 1660; Abigail b 1662; Elizabeth b 1664; Prudence b 1666; Simeon 2nd b 1668; two younger sons supposed to have died in infancy or early youth..."
Digest of Early Connecticut Probate Records, C W Manwaring, Vol I, p 335, Simon Mills, "Died 6 Jul 1683. Children: Elizabeth 9 years of age. 18 Dec 1683, To the rest of the Children, to each, L11-s00-d00. 24 Jul 1691, To Elizabeth Mills, L13-s00-d00. 25 Mar 1719, Settlement by Arbitration signed [?husband].. Samuel Tuller Ls., Thomas Ellsworth Ls., and Thomas Horskins Ls..."
Ancestral File Ver 4.11 8JQK-76.
Elizabeth married Thomas HOSKINS.