- Married: 24 Nov 1715, Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Ancestral File Number: TGTK-4F.
History of the Simon Mills Family, Katie R Mills, Vol I, p3:
"...Simeon and Mary (Buell) Mills became the parents of eleven children, although only six of them reached maturity. They continued to live in Windsor until about 1670, as daughter Sarah, born that year, is recorded at Windsor; and Simon's name appears on the list of freemen at Windsor dated 11 Oct 1669, but when he sold some land at Windsor in Apr 1672 he is described as 'now dwelling at Simsbury'..."
"...Widow Mary Bissell went back to Simsbury to live with her children, and there she died 24 Jun 1718. She made her will 9 Mar 1718, and it was presented to the Hartford Probate Court on 5 Aug following. She made bequests to daughters Mary, Hannah andElizabeth; the the heirs of son John; to heirs of daughter Sarah Ellsworth; and to son Simon, who was named executor. The value of the estate was L 17-13-09.
"Those who signed for shares were Samuel Humphrey Sr, Simon, John, Joseph and Benjamin Mills and Suel Tuller- all of Simsbury; and Hannah and Daniel Loomis, Thomas Ellsworth and Thomas Hoskins- all of Windsor.
"Children- 7 born at Windsor, and 4 at Simsbury:
1. Samuel Mills b 23 Apr 1661, d 19 May 1661 2. Simon Mills b 21 Jan 1661/1662, d 'soon'
2. 3. Mary Mills b 8 Dec 1662, age 20 in 1683, m Lt Samuel Humphrey
3. 4. Hannah Mills b Abt 1665, not listed in the Church record, age 18
in 1683, m (1) Simon Drake, (2) Damiel Loomis
5. Simon Mills b 1 May 1667, not on list in 1683, d before his father
4. 6. John Mills b 7 Jan 1668/1669, age 14 on list, m Sarah Pettibone
5. 7. Sarah Mills, b 16 Sep 1670, age 13 on list m Sgt Thomas Ellsworth
8. Abigail Mills b 1672, age 11 on list, d Bef Jul 1691
6. 9. Elizabeth Mills b 1674, age 9 on list, m Thomas Hoskins
10. Prudence Mills b 1676, age 7 on list 'now dead', d 1683
7. 11. Simon Mills b 1678, bapt 11 May 1679 at Windsor, age 5 on list, m
Digest of Early Connecticut Probate Records, C W Manwaring, Vol I, p336: "Simon Mills, Died 6 Jul 1683. Settlement by Arbitration 25 Mar 1719. Signed...Daniel Loomis Ls...Hannah X Loomis Ls."
Ancestral File Ver 4.11 TGTK-4F Daniel LOOMIS Mar 24 Nov 1715 Hanna MILLS 8JQK-2B.
Daniel married Hannah MILLS, daughter of Simon MILLS, Jr and Mary BUELL, on 24 Nov 1715 in Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA. (Hannah MILLS was born in 1655-1665 in Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA and died before 1683.)